Free Filing and Tax Help
Have a question while you are preparing your return?
Certified tax coaches can help.
You can file a free federal and up to three state returns
if your income in 2016 was $64,000 or less.
Who can get free tax preperation and the Earned Income Credit?
Earned Income and adjusted gross income (AGI) must each be less than:
• $47,955 ($53,505 if Married Filing Jointly) with three or more qualifying children
• $44,648 ($50,198 if Married Filing Jointly) with two qualifying children
• $39,296 ($44,846 if Married Filing Jointly) with one qualifying child
• $14,880 ($20,430 if Married Filing Jointly) with no qualifying child
The maximum EITC for 2016:
• $6,269 with three or more qualifying children
• $5,572 with two qualifying children
• $3,373 with one qualifying child
• $506 with no qualifying child
Find out if you qualify. Use the EITC Assistant or the EITC Calculator on MyFreeTaxes.com.
By Phone: 855-698-9435
- Assistors will be answering questions Monday through Saturday 9 AM – 9 PM CST
- If you qualify for the new Affordable Care Act (ACA), they will also be able to help.
- Questions are answered in the order that they are received.
- Responses are provided within 24 hours (except on weekends; more complex questions may require additional research).
If you are being charged to prepare your federal or state tax return
and your income is $64,000 or less, STOP and call 855-698-9435.